What is a NetLogon?
As a student or employee of Jackson State, you are provided with a NetLogon which is your logon account for online services and campus computers (any Jackson State campus).
You must activate your NetLogon account before you can use it. After using the NetLogon Tools link above, you will be able to access the following services:
- eLearn (D2L)
- Library databases
- Student Self-Service
- Classroom computers
- Open lab computers
- Student home directory (H:\netlogon) **
* For information on jWeb, check out the Student jWeb FAQ.
** Students only.
You must activate your NetLogon before you can use it to access to Jackson State online services.
To activate your NetLogon, perform the following steps:
- Click on the link.
- You will be asked for:
- Your J Number
- Your first and last name
- Your date of birth
- Your zip code, and
- The last 4 digits of your phone number
Fill in all fields to ensure your identity and click Submit.
- Next you will be asked to verify or update your Security Information (a question and answer that you create) and to set a new password. Click Submit. THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT - until you create your new password, you will not be able to logon to any online services. After completing this, it could take 1-2 minutes for the changes to take effect.
- Your NetLogon and email address will be displayed on the last page. Please remember or make note of these two items. If you forget your NetLogon, you'll have to go through the Activate NetLogon process again.
You can login to jWeb to get to your email. See the Student jWeb FAQ for more information.